Sunday, August 10, 2008

Floor exercise

We are watching alot of Olympics at our house. BekahBoo has been enjoying the gymnastics. Like many little girls around the world she watches and tries to emulate them. For the floor exercise she watches and tries to copy their opening stance. Then dances around with them with her own moves. When the gymnast does a tumbling pass BB does one somersault. After exercise is complete she comes up to us and high-fives and hugs just like the girls and their coaches.
Update: pictures






7 comments:

Tracy said...

That is great! I would love to see it. One night you should pull her hair back into a ponytail and let her wear a swimsuit/leotard to do it.

Mrs_Scotsman said...

It is funny that you mention that. She does have a leotard for gymnastics (she's starting next month). And she pointed to Shawn Johnson and wanted her hair in a pony tail too. Right before that she had her hair washed and I put it in a braid to keep it from tangling at night. So I told her that next time we watch gymnastics I'll put her hair up in a pony tail. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to have to get glitter too.

Deb said...

So I take it you'll be hiding the slippery blankets when she gets to cartwheels. My heart still jumps to my throat whenever I remember that.

Mrs_Scotsman said...

There was a blanket on the floor yesterday and I snapped at her that she needed to bring it to me NOW. Poor thing. She'll thank me later when she doesn't break three bones in her arm.

The Schroeder's said...

That is sooo cute!

The Schroeder's said...

That is so cute!

Erika :-) said...

How adorable! Chloe also had fun watching and imitating the gymnastics during the Olympics! Let me know where you are starting Bekah because I'm planning to get Chloe started in gymnastics too!