Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mommy Helper

One of my AWANA clubbers really wants to babysit but she is just a little too young. So we talked about options with her mom and we have come up with her coming over Thursday mornings during the summer to entertain BekahBoo so I can get things done around the house. She just left and I got so much accomplished. I fully cleaned the guest bathroom and reorganized Bekah's room. If you know me well in order for me to REALLY clean up a room I have to take most of the stuff out of the room. So Bekah's room is reorganized, but her toys are in their boxes in the hallway and in the living room. It actually looks worse than it really is. All of her toys are categorized and put into boxes which fit nicely on her floor to ceiling book shelf. If a toy doesn't fit into a category then it goes into the pink bin in the living room.

One of the task involved with reorganizing her room was figuring out which toys she has out grown. We have put aside several to give to Baby E if his mom wants him to have them. I also had a toy organized that just wasn't working for me. It turned into more of a 'catch all' and I already have that...in the pink bin. Plus we have acquired a chalk easle that I didn't have a place to put. So I emptied out the toy organized and replaced it with the easle that has been sitting in the middle of the floor.

When the mommy helper's mom arrived I was ready to pay her and send her on her merry way. Before she would take the money she said, "I need to bring stuff in from outside". I told her if this worked for her she is welcome to come every week until school starts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE to organize. I get an adrenaline high from it. It's so cleansing. Amvets comes by once a month to take things away.