Sunday, August 31, 2008

Birthday Special Activity #1

Anyone who know me know that I am a member of just about every birthday club in town. Of course this means that I also signed BB up for every kids birthday club in town.

Friday Gordon took a 1/2 day off work. We went to a local farm that makes and sells ice cream. The birthday ice cream is two scoops in a waffle cone and their 'scoops' are very generous. So the loving parents that we are decided that we would eat BB's huge ice cream and get her a kids cone with sprinkles. Hey she is too young to understand the injustice of the situation.

Then we went to Toys R Us to spend her $3 off a $3 purchase birthday gift from the store. I took BB there once and really prefer not to go with her when using the birthday gift card. Since Gordon was with me I threw caution to the wind and ask if we could stop by on the way home. The visit was actually very pleasant. BB had so much fun pushing all the buttons on the 'try me' toys. Not once did she ask for any of the toys. I ended up getting a supply I needed for her birthday party and she was satisfied to buy that with her gift card. Once again the poor kid was ripped off by her own parents.

No comments: